· Calls and chairs meetings.
· Runs monthly meetings.
· Liaises with other similar organisations.
· Provides vision and leadership to the society.
· Supports the creation of expeditions.
· Fulfils the role of the chairperson in the absence of the chairperson.
· Manages finances.
· Collects membership fees.
· Manages membership data.
· Pays all expenses.
· Creates budget for the year.
· Provides committee members with notice of the committee meetings and the agenda thereof.
· Ensures minutes are kept for each committee meeting.
· Communicates between members and committee.
· Keeps society records.
· Signs equipment in and out.
· Ensures equipment is maintained in a pristine condition.
· Motivates for and purchases new equipment.
· Ensures storeroom is maintained and organised.
· Maintains first aid kit.
· Draws up safety guidelines for committee approval.
· Monitors all trips to ensure compliance with safety standards.
· Ensures safety equipment is serviceable.
· Updates website on a regular basis.
· Ensures that the content remains current and correct.
· Adds new content when necessary.
· Publishes four newsletters during the course of the year.
· Produces a newsflash for distribution at each meeting.
· Co-ordinates speakers for the meeting and ensures that they are informed of the presentation requirements, venue date and time.
· Liaises with venue to ensure that they are aware of the club requirements on a monthly basis.
· Books restaurant for meal after the meeting.
· Ensures that all required equipment is available.
· Assists new members in familiarising themselves with the club.
· Ensures the treasurer has their monies and details.
· Sets up table and provides information at each meeting.
· Supports existing expeditions.
· Creates new expeditions.
· Mentors expedition leaders.
· Develops fund-raising target with committee.
· Organises fund-raising introductory river trip.
· Maintains records of all trips.
· Encourages members to organise trips.